We are literally a couple of days away from Christmas. Most of us have been enjoying our holiday and/or Christmas decoration probably since the beginning of the month. But in case you are having guests over this weekend and are looking for some last minute ideas, I got a few for you!
I literally whipped these decorations together last week right before my Friendsmas Party. So they are VERY, very easy to source and put together. Places you’d have to go to source these materials: Dollar Tree, Home Depot, Hobby Lobby, Michael’s, and as always, Target!
- Buy a Christmas Wreath: OK I know this isn’t exactly an insightful tip. But Christmas wreaths really are those decorations that just set the tone for your entire house or apartment! There are many inexpensive options from the stores I mentioned above. But if you want something that’s just a little more exquisite, Silk Plants Direct offers beautifully crafted holiday wreaths on their website. I was blown away when I received it in the mail… the colors are gorgeous, the decorative pieces are intricately strewn together, and it looks amazing. The only downside was that a couple of the pine cones had fallen off during shipping. It didn’t take much effort to glue them back on, but I thought I would mention that.
- Table Centerpiece: This centerpiece features a $1 religious candle from Dollar Tree and miniature Christmas wreath from Trader Joe’s with a few festive bows with wires. If you’re in a cat household like I am and cannot have a Christmas tree (see the reason why here), having a little wreath like the one I got from Trader Joe’s makes up for it a lot. It’s made of real fir leaves and pine cones so it has the lovely tree fragrance!
- Fireplace mantel decoration: This entire area features some holiday faux-fur knit stockings from Target, lighted (with Philips string lights) metal Christmas tree and other faux-plants from Michael’s. Remember, a lot of these items go on sale right after Christmas… so if you are the kind fo plan ahead, don’t forget to snatch up some of these super cute decorations comes December 26th!
- Lighted glass wine carafe with Christmas Ornament: This is probably my proudest creation. The glass water carafe was something we just had hanging around the house. I shoved a set of Philips battery operate dewdrop lights we bought from either Target or Home Depot.. can’t remember. Lastly, I added some Christmas ornament/decoration branches from Michaels that I bought a few weeks ago for a photoshoot. Voila – I have a lighted Christmas vase!
- Lighted cork board for collecting holiday cards from friends and family: This is a similar trick to #4. All I did here was lined our bulletin board with the same battery operated Philips battery operate dewdrop lights and it instantly gave the board a holiday vibe!
That’s it. I hope my last minute and inexpensive holiday decoration tips were helpful. Show me a picture of you used any of these tips… I might feature them on Cubicle Chic Instagram page!