Happy 2018! How’s your new year going so far? Are you hitting the gym, reading a lot, knocking stuff off of your to-do list every day, like I wish I was but definitely am not? LOL. In the first week of 2018, I hit a productivity lull. Maybe December was too productive for me (I wrote 8 blog posts, EIGHT!!). Or, maybe the holiday eating and slothing around finally took a toll on the creative part of my brain and it went into a food coma… But today, I’m here with a new giveaway, a 2018 planner review, and to talk about things that I’m going to do differently on this blog in 2018. Because Cubicle Chic is constantly evolving and so am I. Oh, and because Albert Einstein said this:
One of the biggest themes in 2018 on Cubicle Chic is: how can I better serve you?
Host More Giveaways
The few giveaway I did toward the end of 2017 allowed me to get to know more of my readers and really got the chance to give back & thank you for caring about the content I create on Cubicle Chic. I plan on doing more of this in the future. Today’s post is definitely one of them! Scroll to the bottom of the post to find out how to win one of the 3 planners!
Offer Free Career Counseling Service
I launched a free service on Cubicle Chic last month called What Would Cubicle Chic Do. This is your chance to ask me any question career related – career rut, job search stagnation, inter-personal conflicts/issues at work… anything! Click on the tab below (it’s also hosted on the home page of this blog) and you can expect a personal answer from me within 2-3 days!
Post at Least 6 Times a Month
This is my promise to you, but also a challenge to me. I promise will not just create more content, but create more content that is useful, relevant, interesting and insightful.
Share More Raw, Behind the Scene Content
As a blogger, one of the dilemmas I always have is… am I creating an illusion of false reality for my readers and followers? On the one hand, I know for a fact that no one wants to see me in PJ’s with bed hair going about my morning routine. But at the same time, if I’m wearing a full face of makeup when I do a “just got out of bed” post, that’s creating a reality that doesn’t exist, and I’m not willing to go there. So, in the spirit of being raw, here’s a funny photo from a recent shoot that was a total blooper. LOL.
Now, onto the 2018 planner review!
I found three 2018 planners from Amazon all under $20. I picked them based on popularity in reviews, aesthetics, and size. I don’t believe in the huge & bulky planners and think mobility is a very important factor in selecting a planner. So without further ado, here’s my 2018 planner review of 3 planners all under $20:
01.13.2018 Update: The winners have been selected. Please see the contest widget below to see if you are one of the 3 winners! I will contact you one by one to claim your prize. Thank you for entering!!
- The aesthetic design of this planner is SO pretty.
- The front cover doubles as a little pocket and the back cover has 3 slots as card holders!
- Comes with stickers for decoration and personalization
- The bulkiest of the three
- The interior pages are not as colorful as the exterior
- The aesthetic design of this planner is ON POINT inside and out!
- The most compact one of the three
- It feels very sturdy and durable
- No pockets or folders to contain loose paper/documents
- Doesn’t offer any customization option
- Guys… marble for life, right?
- Front and back cover both double as pockets
- The design of the writing pages is a little bland
- The front and back covers are made of paper. Good quality paper. But the paper material may not sustain wear and tear as well as the plastic ones.
Now, I am giving all three planners away in this post!
Read the instruction below on how to enter… the giveaway ends at the end of the day on Friday 1/12/18.